Nov 17, 2008

Festival of Gifts Week - Idea number one!

Today's gift idea is easy, easily adaptable - AND uses bits and pieces - making it very simple to complete several in one sitting. You will have seen the sample before - as it is part of my Countdown to Christmas classes - and now you can order a very inexpensive kit to make your own version at home.

I made mine a home decor piece on an 12x12 canvas. It is Christmas themed, but you could make them for any season or simply an all year round variety (it would be a great gift to a loved one to do one for each season!).

But, you can adapt the idea and do it on a piece of 12x12 cardstock for a fantastic scrapbook page or even scrapbook cover.

I made one for a fellow demonstrator in California - she used the Country Living kit (available thru me for a limited time) and made a similiar version. Here's hers with that ~

But lest you think I came up with the idea all on my own - nope, I adapted it from this page of the current Stampin' Up! catalog.


Now thru Thanksgiving I will have kits for you to make my Christmas version at home on your own. (the top sample). Included in this kit is:
*all the cardstock and paper that you need
*stamped/punched images (ready for you to watercolor)
*clips, pretties, filigree brads, hodepodge, brads, buttons, felt snowflakes
*ribbon
*Instructions emailed to you with close up pictures to re-create your own. You will need: adhesive, sticky strip, assorted inks for coloring, white acrylic paint and whatever you choose to mount it on (cardstock or canvas)
The cost of this kit is just $14 - that includes postage if you need it mailed to you! Orders taken thru the 25th only!
see you back here tomorrow with another idea and another kit!

No comments: