Sep 12, 2017

Cat Punch revisited - Blog Hop Day 3

Welcome to Day 3 of the Product Blog Hop.  Today we are sharing some more ideas to use with the Cat Punch.   I just have one card for you today - and it is super simple!  Here we go:

There is no actual stamping on the card (sometimes I feel guilty when I do that!).  But - it had enough going on without it.   Let me preface this next sentence by saying I still have yet to use anything but the Carols of Christmas bundle that isn't Autumn themed from the catalog....tomorrow, hopefully, I start some Christmas projects.  BUT - every catalog I find one thing that ends up being my favorite that was totally unexpected.  No, it wasn't the cat punch....
It is the the little die set that comes in the Pumpkin bundle (which the stamps will be featured in our hop later this week - get ready to fall in love!)  The dies are called Patterned Pumpkin Thinlit Dies - and they are just adorable.

For this card, I simply took several scraps of cardstock in the colors of fall and ran them through with the dies.  There are some foils, some glitters, the new metallic washi - and the star of the Pumpkin Patch - little miss cat - I punched her out of the acetate with the gold dots.  It is kind of hard to show in the photograph, I punched the top of the card and the acetate is then mounted directly under the punched out cat.  When the card stands it is a nice effect.
When you run the little star pumpkin through the Big Shot - make sure to keep all the little stars - you can see they add a perfect accent to your card!

I have the things out to film the card - but I have been a little under the weather and the weather...well Irma has brought her dark and dreary clouds to Indy - I really need a tiny bit of sun to get the videos to look good.  Check back and soon the video will be added to this post!

For now - hop on over to Teri Wells site to see what she has to share with you!  
If you happened to have come from Teri's site already and are hoping the opposite way - then head to 

If you are in the US and you need the supplies to make your own little Cat in the Pumpkin Patch card - here are the links to the item in my online store.  I would be happy to help get you what you need!



Product List





5 comments:

Teresa said...

Love your project! You are so creative.

Sara said...

Clever idea to put the acetate behind it.

Create With Christy said...

I LOVE the foil window sheet layer on the cat, Cheri! Great card!

ateliersdeval said...

Very beautiful

Unknown said...

This is so cute. Thanks for sharing