Jun 21, 2018

Triplets Baby Card with Lined Alphabet Bundle and A Little Wild!


When one of my dear friends in Australia asked if I could make her a card for her for the arrival of triplets into the family - I wanted the card to be special - because...well triplets don't come along that often!  And WOW - that mum is going to need a lot of special!

My first instinct was to use the Kangaroo/Koala set - but there really wasn't a 3rd animal option - and so I nixed that.  There are a couple of NEW baby sets I am dying to get my hands on in the new catalog....but they were not here....and I needed what I had now to work.

A Little Wild was PERFECT.  Three Adorable Animals.  One for Each of the Babies!  But there still wasn't enough to really WOW the card - I mean three little animals are cute and all but they didn't quite do a lot to fill up the card.  Sitting on my table was the Laying Alphabet Edgelit dies.  When I first saw these in Atlanta at On Stage I was SO excited!  Oh, the possibilities!  Then, we used them at my team events - and, well, they kind of scared us all.  So they have been sitting.  I decided to overcome my fears and use them.  Here is the video - so YOU CAN SEE - not so scary - AT ALL!




I went with Three Animals.  Three Colors and Three impression folders.  I will say that NONE of these are the actual card - that card was mailed off to Australia, we left for vacation - then I came home to recreate it.  I should have made 2, lol.  The days in between......my poor brain - it was like rocket science all over again!

I recreated 1.  Then I filmed 1.  Then UPS delivered an order.  In that order were several NEW Embossing folders - so  you can see on the card below I switched out and I LOVE the new Tufted Die - that with the Cable Knit and the Ruffled - THAT is the perfect combination (but not what you see in the video).

This is what we call at my camps - a "package" card.  You obviously can not mail it in a standard envelope.  To get it to Australia I mailed it in a padded envelope.  You can always make an envelope with the envelope maker - or if you are giving it with a gift - my choice is always to use a simple (even white) gift wrap with a solid color bow and then add the card to the top as the final decoration to your package.  Beautiful on the gift table or if you are mailing it - wrap the gift again in brown paper like that.

I created 4 of the cards - these are my 3 swap buddies that I meet weekly (well, we try, lol) but this week we were joined by an extra special guest at our business lunch!
Shannon West, from Stampin' Up!'s home office flew all the way from the desserty mountains for the west to the humid cornfields of Indiana.  It was a delight to have her with us!  If you ever watch any of the Stampin' Up! product videos, then you may have seen her!  She is a FABULOUS presenter and often presents at our corporate events.

A Little Wild is designed so each stamp has a front and back - making the inside of this card just as much fun as the front! 

Each of my cards was a little different - the lion is the only guy that got stuck in the same spot each time.  He overhangs the card so as you open you can see the back of him.

Because this card (like triplets!) was more work that usual - we won't be making it at a camp - BUT I did design a very similar card for a 1 baby birth that we will be doing in August at camp!   The video for that will be up sometime before that camp.

By the time I finished all 6 of these cards - I did have the whole layered alphabet die thing pretty much figured out!  Are you intrigued???  I hope so!  BECAUSE it's my ONLINE SPECIAL OF THE 'MONTH'

Since summer is kind of funky - I am going to go with a funky kind of summer 'month' - so here is the online class and how to get your free PDF class

purchase the lined alphabet bundle (link is below)
now through July 8th
from my online store
(no code needed - make sure you purchase enough that you will qualify for your OWN hostess benefits)
then in mid July you will receive the paper products, embellishments and pdf instructions for 4 projects using your new Lined Alphabet Bundle - along with several helpful tips and tricks!



Product List
Lined Alphabet Photopolymer Bundle
A Little Wild Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Little Loves Framelits Dies
Big Shot
Big Shot Magnetic Platform
Big Shot Platform
Standard Cutting Pads
Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Ruffled Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Blender Pens
Whisper White 5/8" (1.6 Cm) Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
Petal Pink Classic Stampin' Pad
Petal Pink 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
Pool Party 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
Pool Party Classic Stampin' Pad
Soft Sea Foam Classic Stampin' Pad
Soft Sea Foam 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
SNAIL Permanent Adhesive

No comments: