May 22, 2017

Everyday Inspiration with Lovely Laurel


I had a nice long nap on Sunday afternoon.  The sun was shining.  Lots of new things to play with.... You would think that would be a recipe for Stampin' success, no?

There is a fun new bundle that will be available in the upcoming catalog June 1.  I know it is supposed to pop up.  I cut all of the dies out of white cardstock to mess around with the mechanics.  I messed and messed.  Looked for any helpful tips online.  Made a mess.

An hour or so past.  I decided that I would use the dies as the focal point on the front - instead of the amazing pop up on the inside.  Wanted to use some new In Colors with copper accents.  I have several events coming up and not nearly enough copper paper.  I tried some other color combos.

Just when I was about to move on to another stamp set so I would get SOMETHING accomplished - I looked up at my studio wall.  There it was - right in front of me.


My studio wreath is green with a white wash - I used Garden Green and washed the white ink lightly over the top to subdue it.  The new wood paper stack had the perfect background paper.  Then I highlighted it with touches of gold.


 It took some time - but I was pleased with the end results.  The inside will get decorated as well - but it was late and my dinner cooking responsibilities took over!


Here it is - a great match of the overall look with the new wood paper stacks.  


Sometimes when you get stuck for inspiration - simply look around at what you love.  My office is 'me' - the only room in the house that all the say in is mine :) 

 We will be making this card at my new catalog kick off June 1st and 3rd.  I combine the new catalog debut with my camps.  If you are in the Indianapolis area and would like to try out some new product, simply let me know.
And - watch this space!  I WILL conquer the pop up eventually!

No comments: