May 27, 2017

New papers and new stamps!

Last night my team of demonstrators came over to get a little head start on the new catalog kick off for next week.

We stamped, we laughed, we ate.  There were swaps, awards, prizes and challenges.

There was discussion of upcoming Stampin' Up! events.  We always have a good time.

Here is my swap card - and a few tips if you would like to try it!

I used some of the new items from the Wood Textures suite.  The wood textures designer series paper is super on trend right now.  The different wood colors and textures all would fit into rooms of our home!

I stamped the flowers from the Wood Words stamp set along with the single Stylized Birthday stamp. I tried a few different colors and settled on the black embossing.  The color was striking and held it's own with the textured look of the paper.
The Wood Words set is 15 pieces - and coordinate with the sweetest little box....I just chose the one floral image for this.  But - watch this space - I did a project for the girls (and will be a June Camp project) - that uses the box die and nearly all 15 stamps!

After I stamped them all I experimented with a couple of different coloring techniques.  This one above I colored with just watercolor pencils and blended them with a clear Stella.  I liked the overall look (you can tell it was on a card that I had tried just stamping in black ink - the embossing added so much more color - but I hated to waste a perfectly good piece of wood paper!)


I ended up coloring one layer of white watercolor pencil in the larger open images.  It made the ink stand out a little more, still being a nice aged look.  I then used ink refill to add color to the flowers.  Of course I gravitate toward the new In Colors (everything new is always more fun, eh?)  The flowers are Powder Pink, Berry Burst, Daffodil delight and the leaves are Tranquil Tide.

I have an obsession with Stella's......I would hate to count how many I have purchased (dozens and dozens at least).  Here is a 'tip' for you.  Once most of the glitter solution has run out, the pens themselves still make a great paint brush. I simply wrap some washi tape around those that are mostly used for the brush - so I know which one to reach for.

These I colored in with the non glittery - but when I was done painting - I went back and added some Stella glitter to the flowers.  I loved the overall Farmhouse, Shabby Chic look!

If you are still needing a new 2017-2018 catalog - contact me today!


No comments: