May 20, 2017

Home Sweet Home!

What a fun and welcoming set this new one is!  If you are like me and love to color - then this set will be right up your alley!


It's got all the things we love about Stampin' Up! stamps - 
It's seasonal - with Spring and Summer flowers, Autumn pumpkins and arrangements and of course fun Christmas images - you will find yourself reaching for it time and time again.

It has a great selection of words as well!  This one swings the door open (courtesy of the Big Shot framelit) to reveal a saying that is perfect for a surprise birthday gathering.


I used the watercolor pencils to color in the images.  The smaller ones I then blended with the clear Wink of Stella.  The gold one has retired, but if you got one while you could - it would be a great addition to the lamp lights and the door knob.

The color on the door, frame and the mat I blended with an aquapainter.  Even with being super careful with the amount of water, the vanilla cardstock almost didn''t stand up to it.  I thought all was well til the door was 'opened' a few times.  The crease is not attached as well as I would hope.  If you do a similar design, I recommend letting your watercolor dry completely before running it through the Big Shot and bending it.  But for the vibrant red of the blends of colors I used, it was a trade off I was willing to make!

This is one of the cards we will be making at my 2017 Catalog Kick Off.  If you are in the Indy area, let me know if you would like to attend.

I will get a video how to for this along with more information on the set, posted soon!  Stay tuned!


No comments: