Oct 25, 2017

Mulled Wine Kit - Part 2 Creating the Kit with Blends and Half Full Stamp Set

If you missed yesterday's post on these fun little mulling kits - you will want to make sure that when you are done here - you go to visit that post as it goes over what is IN the kits.  Here I am going to show you how I did the creating of the artwork part of them.  Link for the second post will be at the bottom.  I also have a fun video down there for using the new BLENDS markers - you won't want to miss that!

I started by filling the tubes with the spices and the bourbon.  The bourbon I made sure to choose a tube where the cork pressed in very snuggly.  I then wrapped several circles of copper washi tape around it to hold it shut.  You can slide the tubes into the acetate boxes easily - just mix them so the spices give a nice mix of color combination.
I added 8 empty tea bags (got them from Amazon, you can find the links to my spices, wine charm rings and the bags on the other post) by folding them in half and sliding them in.  It was just enough  to keep the wine charms from sliding down.

The charms I made by stamping rows of the line of wine glasses from the Half Full stamp set.  I colored them various shades of wine - Rose, White and Red - the new BLENDS have just what you need for those flavors!  Then a quick pass with the Wink of Stella gave them a bit of shimmer.
The Seasonal Tags die cuts has this little tag - bonus that as you run it through the Big Shot, it punches the hole for you.  In my kit I made 6 charms and then included 6 additional tags for future use.  I may have upped that if I was giving this one as a gift, but the stamping had been done and this is a sample pack - so I went with what I had done.  To keep them together while in the kit, I held all the rings up and wound some of the copper washi around them.

I cut a recipe sized card - added some stamping and colored that as well.  I hand wrote my own recipe that I came up with based on the spices I knew I liked in my other hot punch and mulled wine recipes.  If you would like an emailed copy, let me know, I would be happy to do that.  You can join my email list on the side of my page and shoot me an email that way.

Once everything is inserted I closed off the box and sealed the entire thing with one wrap of the copper washi tape.  It is tied off with the Pear Shimmer ribbon (if you don't have ALL of the shimmer ribbons, stop what you are doing now and GET them - they are so gorgeous!!) Then I add the tag from the Half Full set.  Using the Blends I was able to color it to get it to look like it might have fallen off a bottle in an old Italian winery.

Coloring is my FAVORITE.  Ask the ladies who attend my classes.  I have to take great care to make sure that not all our projects involve coloring or they can be here a little too long...and I know not everyone loves it as much as me.  These new alcohol artist quality markers will for sure make you love coloring too.  They will be released on November 1.  The last few days of October I will have some additional videos on using them and then Nov 1- Nov 8 I am going to knock your socks off with an introduction to Blends special - you will not want to miss it - so make sure to check back here to order your set of Blends, get some free training on a password protected site so I can really help you use them and a HUGE bonus freebie product!  This video will be slowed down for that with some PDF step by step instruction - so if you like what you see - just wait!!


For information on what is in the tubes and where to get the teabags, see the other post on these gift sets by clicking HERE


Product List



1 comment:

Mary Hall said...

I would love an emailed copy of your mulled wine recipe. Also my son got all the links on his phone since my laptop blocked them. Thank you.