Dec 12, 2016

Christmas Angel Gift Card Bag

I have several videos that I have ready - just have been too crazy busy to post them!  Keep checking back here and I will try to get them up before Christmas.  Today's project features  a fun bag - that was all one big experiment to me!

I used Stampin Up's stamp set WONDER OF CHRISTMAS - which if you look a few weeks back, you will see a card that showcases this same set.  I had ordered the glassine bags - and wanted to use them at camp, but had not played around with them much - so it was an experiment - but one that turned out well.

I ran the bags thru the Big Shot with the embossing folder.  It looks great, but you will see that afterward you need to 'unstick' the two layers from being pressed together.

I stamped using memento black and then colored in with refills and clear Stella.  I did not test it to see if it would eventually dry - but be careful when painting, it all stays wet for quite a while.  To add to the vintage look AND save time, I simply poured clear powder over the image and heat set it.  It looks great in person.   With the smearing AND trying to stamp over the dry embossing, you can see some of the image is missing.  I just chalked it up to looking vintage!




No comments: