Feb 28, 2018

Farmhouse Style Eucalyptus Card with Lots of Lavender

Goodbye February!  We have had some lovely glimpses of spring here in the midwest.  Although...I must say it makes me a little nervous seeing the winter blast spreading through Europe at the moment.  Crazy those shots of Italy in the snow!  We leave for Ireland soon and I want the snow very far away by then.  I made the mistake of looking at the app on my phone for Dublin's weather this morning.  Far too many snowflakes for my liking!

Today's card is inspired by spring, country vintage, some of the shopping we have been doing, trying to reel in my urge to renovate something....anything.....


Remember the video quality is better if you read the post here first and then go to YouTube to watch it straight on their platform!


Tobacco Baskets - all the rage.  Search the hashtag on Instagram.  Or go have a look on Pinterest.
So many ideas!  I have been moving some pictures around and making some spaces so I can fit one in somewhere.  Til then I shaped one out of the Sale-A-Bration basket embossing folder!

I wanted to fill it with some Eucalyptus.  We don't have a stamp that works right now - so I simply flipped the Sale-A-Bration Lavender upside down, colored it with the Blends - and "She'll Be Right"  I had what typically sells for Eucalyptus everywhere around here and even longer leaves that had the bigger gum nuts that I could go out the back and just whack off to bring inside when we lived in Australia.
Here is a Gumnut Baby bank I got for my daughter before she was born - and one of the gum nuts I still have from our yard.

Time is running out to get the Sale-A-Bration items!  This Lavender is so pretty.  It is actually a two step stamp - that I have yet to use that way.  I haven't even INKED the two step part.
With the changeover from February to March I have two UGGG things on my to do list this week.

Taxes.
&
Doing something with the explosion of Valentine Red decor that is gathered to be packed and the empty shelves that need dusting....
and the heaping piles of new spring, Easter, Rae Dunn, new shelves and all my old Spring/Easter that is all strewn about.
It's that giant mess before the calm.  I need a decorating fairy to visit during the night.  Or I would take a tax one as well!

To make your last day of February a little better I am doing one last drawing....
All orders placed on my website that are over $100 in product
will go into a drawing for the Basket Bundle
US orders only
must be in midnight EST




No comments: