Feb 26, 2018

Hoop Wreath With Heartfelt Blooms - Limited Time Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set

For the first time in literal days - I was at home with time and the sun was out all day -so I was able to get some video taken! In actual fact there had only been really one day that I can remember when the sun had even been out recently.  That day I was out with my girlfriends.  We had started at our weekly business meeting - web stuff, stamping...but with the sun shining we ditched that for shopping.

When we meet tomorrow we will be making wreaths for spring.  Taking a break from our stamping to get our spaces ready for Spring!


Here is the video of this card - FYI - for those of you who don't know - the videos are a ZILLION (well, maybe not a zillion, lol) - but the quality of them is so much better if you watch them directly ON YouTube.  This one in particular I noticed a big difference.  Obviously they want you to watch them on their platform, so they give you a reason to go there.  If you like - you can take a second to go to YouTube and search my channel (Cheri's Cards) and watch it there.  All of the videos are stored there!  


They joined me and my sister at a fun vintage marketplace (as well as some Rae Dunn hunting) Friday night.  I found it has seeped into my stamping....so a few of my upcoming cards will have the chippy wood, mossy, wreath, vanilla and colors of Spring feel to them!

The Hoop wreaths are so trendy right now - both in wood and metal.  I think the Heartfelt Blooms may be a tad too big for my "hoop" - I was tempted to leave the largest flower off for scale, but it is just so lovely that I couldn't.  To be honest, I had colored the image a couple of weeks ago and it had been lying on the table.  I had been at a loss as what to do with it.

A tip for when you color in images like these - flip your stamp over and use the sticker for a guide. It is sometimes easier to see "where you are going"  Also to avoid the pencil line look - don't color on a hard surface.  I laid my shimmer cardstock on the stack of crumb cake to soften the underneath.  Press lightly - color all over first and then go back with a second coloring over the shaded images where the stamp is!

If you like the farmhouse, rustic, country or even do a lot of masculine cards then the Pinewood Planks embossing folder is a Must Have.

The actual card I colored and had had lying on my table had been shades of pinks and greens.  I was going to mount in on pink and green cardstocks (I think!).  But once I did the card and was setting up for the video I decided I wanted a more vibrant wreath......you know the closer spring gets, we will all be ready for summer!

If you are on my email list - you will be getting today's prize announcement shortly for today's Go For Gold drawing.  Tomorrow is the last day....and I am going to end it with more than one prize - and it will be a choose your prize!  The wonderful watercolor pencils will be one of them!  If you don't have them - it could be a possible way to get them FREE!

For details on my Go for Gold promotion - click here
All orders of any size through Feb 27 are entered into the daily drawing for Big Prizes!
For my latest Artistry Inspired Class - click here



Product List






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will you please give us the size of circle dies to make the hoop?
Beautiful card idea and thank you for sharing.