Mar 17, 2018

Reverse Watercolor with Brusho - Card Two from Petal Palette Bundle

So - if you saw the last video I posted - did you notice that the 'scrap' piece of paper I was working on was actually a half sheet of Shimmery White cardstock?  Well - it makes a fabulous appearance again today.  In fact I think the scrap from card 1 makes an even prettier card 2!

If you missed the first card - you will need to scroll back one post and go see how to create the background.  As I made the pieces for my bouquet in the previous card and painted the brusho it left a wonderful reverse watercolor.  I split the half sheet in two to make the background for these two cards.

The Petal Palette is available as a bundle with the stamp set and the dies - or during the rest of March you can get the dies FREE (nearly a $40 value) with a $50 purchase as a Sale-A-Bration selection.

I also used the Perfect Pairs embossing folder (or one of the pairs!) which is also a free selection this month as part of Sale-A-Bration.

Using this technique every card will be unique.  As you color die pieces with Brusho - no need to use scrap paper, use pieces that you can keep for future background or even focal pieces.  The Brusho is such a striking medium, you will love the results it gives.

 I used it in a more traditional way to color in the bird.  Here is the video - you can watch here or on my YouTube channel (Cheri's Cards) for a better viewing experience:

The colors scream spring and summer, don't they?!  The card would be fitting for so many occasions - Weddings, Showers, Mother's Day, Birthdays - the sayings in the stamp set work well with these too!

Remember - I am out of my office for the rest of the month - BUT my Luck of the Irish contest continues...someone may win a Stamparatrus in early April!



No comments: