Jun 9, 2017

Introducing 2017-2019 In Colors - all on one card!

This is a super easy card - taking it back to literally just stamping and adding some ribbon!

The card uses the Lovely Friends stamp set.  Which - is the same set I made the wreath card with and posted last week.  I didn't intend to use the new In Colors on the card - it just kind of happened.

When I was gathering the supplies up to make the card at camp - that is when I noticed.  The Lemon Lime twist is just a highlight in the centers of the flowers.  It is my favorite new color - but stamping on the top of the new pink and the new berry muted it.


Here is the 3 minute video so you can see just how easy it is.

A couple of things you will notice on the video.
 1) I had been swimming (weather is beautiful in Indy!) and still had my swimsuit on.  I didn't even think about the fact that my CORAL colored cover up was showing.  I am usually more careful to not have on something that is seen (or at least a competing color!) - but you know, the incentive to get done and get BACK in spa!
2) Watch how I ink the stamps.  It can always be an issue - but especially on the DARK and JUICY brand new pads.  No need to smash your stamp down.  A VERY light press will ink it just fine and will eliminate catching the corners and needing to wipe it off before stamping.  You can press just enough to ink the raised parts of the stamp.  On the large sentiment, I took the ink to the stamp so I could better control where the color was going.
3) For those of us who were around in the 80's - when you put these colors together - it looks like the bedspreads we all owned, lol.






Product List

No comments: