Aug 26, 2017

The Hottest Set from the Holiday Mini?! Painted Harvest

The 2017 Holiday Mini from Stampin' Up! does not go live until September 1.  Which means that at this point only demonstrators have their hands on the products in it.  So a quick search of Pinterest will tell you that the most popular stamp set appears to be Painted Harvest.

So - if you your shopping list from the catalog is a mile long - might I suggest starting with the set that will be the simplest to come up with a zillion and one ideas for!  Seriously, it is so beautiful - you just start stamping and it fills your page with watercolored like images.  It is part of a suite that includes a punch - so if you don't own a Big Shot - it will work for you!



My take goes with a more traditional sunflower color scheme as I included the yellow - last night while stamping with some of my team she did hers in blue. It is gorgeous and next week I will show you what she designed.

I did start mine on suede paper, but while pretty I felt it needed something more.  I ran it through the wood folder...and then remembered the fabulous wood designer paper.  THAT is really pretty and gave it the more rustic look I was going for.

Make sure to come back to my site in early September.  I will have all of the supply lists for the videos posted - along with all the freebies for each project!





4 comments:

Diana said...

i am a new stampin up demonstrator and am just learning. My upline moved 2 hrs away and i was wondering if you could indulge me and tell me the tag die and colors and sizes of the card. I would deeply appreciate it. i dont know how to look it up.

Sherlie said...

Oh my gosh, I love this card, I am in love with this set. I have not seen a set like this that has taken my fancy in so many years.

Unknown said...

Hi Diana! Where do you live? Stampin' Up does give you the option to drop and sign up again under someone else if you feel you would be better served under someone closer to you. Or to someone who offers online service to downline further out. That said - this card uses olive on all leaves and the artichoke and lime as the second greens. Curry and white are the only colors I use for the flower. I usually do a shopping list - for this one I must have been posting on a busy day. Centers are espresso and black. The Tag is from the Birthday Celebration die. That set is featured multiple times on my site - look through the early summer posts and you will find it! The card is standard half sheet then 1/4 sheet sized.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sherlie!! I have lots of beautiful samples with this set on my site, because it is a favorite of my girls too. When we swapped last month most of them used it, even though we didn't pick any certain set. Check back next week, I will have a special on it to go with Stampin' Up! paper special (if you don't have it aleady, lol)