Nov 6, 2017

Blending Whimsy - Creating a Cheerful Retro Look Christmas Card with the Stampin' Blends



It's a busy week in the Stampin' Up! world as so many of us get ready to converge on to Salt Lake City - I have so much to do in the last few hours before we fly out.  My husband is making the trip with me for the first time.  I have been a demonstrator for nearly 23 years and he has yet to see Utah.  In case things get away from me and I don't get anything else on here before I leave - I will be posting during my time there.  Gone are the days when Stampin' Up! would have aisles and aisles of computers set up for us to use so we could get a few minutes online - as we can do most everything on our tiny device in our hand.  However - my blog is so much easier to update on my laptop.  I will have it with me - but because we get brain tired pretty quickly - I will be updating my Cheri's Card FACEBOOK and my Instagram accounts far more frequently.  I can't promise this will see any news from Utah til I am home.  So if you want *Live* breaking news* (lol) - make sure to follow those accounts.  Links are to your right.

Camp was last week.  This one uses the sweet Holiday Catalog hostess set.  I feel it is getting a bit overlooked because it is one of the sets included that is not to scale.  It is perfect for using with the Blends and has a fun retro feel. 


The video will make an appearance again once I have my Blends Training Center up - purchase your Blends from me for your access to that.  Images will be stopped with instruction and the coloring portion of the video slowed.

I am using regular weight Whisper White to color.  No special heat set.  The only "dry time" is while I finish the front of the card.  It has been raining quite a bit in Indiana.  I did notice one rainy day that when I stamped and went immediately to blending the ink smeared.  My guess is the humidity plays a factor.  I would say it was less than 2 minutes from stamping to blending and there was no smearing.

If you color not quite to your lines - there should also not be bleeding outside of the lines.  While you are learning to use your Blends - projects like this are perfect - should it bleed you will cut it out anyway, so it won't matter.  But, you will see mine did not bleed.


Alcohol ink WILL soak through the back of your card - so don't color on anything that you won't be mounting on top of something.  It is the nature of the ink.


Finally - make sure you are BLENDING!  That is the fun part of it.  If you simply are coloring you can use the regular markers.  The colors 'push' each other around. 

Remember if you order your Blends Collection through me in November you will get the entrance into my Blends Training Center.  You can read about that and how to get the FREE STAMP SET Color Me Happy by reading this Post HERE


Product List


No comments: