Nov 30, 2017

Christmas and Seasonal Handmade Luminaries - Countdown to Christmas Projects

These have been one of those projects I tucked inside my head the second I saw the incredibly wonderful and versatile House dies last summer.  It is one of the Pick your Projects for next week's LAST class for 2017.


We spent a week in Iceland last spring and these houses just remind me of the trip and so many of the decorations we saw there.  Of course it was the start of spring - but even in late March/early April - Iceland still ......had a Christmas feel to it, lol.  In case you never make it to Iceland (though, I do suggest you add it to your bucket list!) - this might explain WHY - the houses have an Icelandic feel.....  May I present to you - the Food Court in Keflavik:
Serg and Ris are in line for Hot Dogs...because when you GO to Iceland you must have one - and we are in the airport leaving and had not.  While in line I wondered if I had even taken a picture of all of the house cut outs.... so I got out of line to take the picture.  And I touched them.  They were metal. 

The airport looks more like Ikea than an airport.  Hot dogs are not really my thing - but they were good.  They do put things like our french fried onions on them - delish.  And we had already bought Ppylsusinnep (their famous hot dog sauce) to bring back.  It is really good and will make an appearance at our Christmas parties with crescent roll cocktail dogs.  See - when you visit here - you get a little bit of culture to go with your crafting :)



It also explains WHERE and the WHY this little project has been trapped inside my head for months now.  They were so much fun to bring to life!


Here is my short and simple how to video - you will see - they are really easy to create.  I debated whether to keep the tops on or to cut them off.  I went with leaving them on - because they might be fun stacked - or if you want to set them outside in the weather.  But, you could always cut yours off for ease of getting to the lights.



I did forget to add the doilies to the shopping list below - but check back again tomorrow - as I will show the other two versions that I did with the Bethlehem and the Numbers dies.


**The SHREDDIE that I used is a new product that will be available in January from Stampin' Up! If you need an Occasions 2018 Catalog, let me know and I will be happy to send you one.  US only.  and Check back tomorrow to find out how to get some SHREDDIE early if you want to make these projects this month!!!




Product List
Hearts Come Home Wood-Mount Bundle
$54.75
Clear Tiny Treat Boxes
$7.50
Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
$8.50
Big Shot
$110.00
Year Of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape
$9.00
Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets
$10.00
Paper-Piercing Tool
$4.00
Glue Dots
$5.25
Bethlehem Edgelits Dies
$32.00
Large Numbers Framelits Dies
$31.00

No comments: