Nov 8, 2017

Simple Christmas Decor' - using Big Shot and Stampin' Up! Embellishments

This simple little decoration was one we made at camp this month.  The pictures don't do it justice as it shimmers and shines in person and while not big - it is hard to photograph.  Part of the charm is it's simplicity.

Everything on it is available currently from Stampin' Up! - except for the clothespins.  I also used a glue gun - at camp we used Green Glue - for the video I needed it to dry quickly so you could see it.


 These would be fun to make using whatever dies, papers, and embellishments you have - even things you may have 'collected' (hoarded) from years gone by....... Does anyone do that??  You could even have friends and family over to make their own holiday decorations and put out whatever you have and let them make their own.  If you have as much as I do - you might need to limit the number to keep the simplicity factor!
Let's take a look at my 4 decorations up close.

Remember several weeks ago I showed you my happy discovery of snow covered sprigs?  I am at the airport in Denver or I would link back to that post.  I will edit later to include that.  Simply paint on the embossing paste, add some dazzling diamonds and hot glue an ornament.  I tied on some mini black sequins.

I used the woodgrain paper to cut a tree from Santa's sleigh.  The berries are from the Holly punch.  The embellishment is currently in the Holiday catalog.

My favorite die for the last couple of years is this deer.  Cut in the gold he is stunning.  Add a wreath from the Annual Catalog.  I extended him with ribbon so he wouldn't hang directly from the jute.

You could do an advent countdown with the numbers is you like.  Check back next week for an up close with this Holly folder.  You will LOVE it!

Our flight is boarding in Denver  = next stop Salt Lake - but at least I got this up!!

No comments: