Sep 26, 2017

A Shiplap Feeling of Christmas!



Life in my little Stampin' Studio sort of feels like a whirlwind at the moment.  So much is coming up - it gets easy to get overwhelmed....I am looking forward to the day when I am finally a bit ahead of the game instead of still working toward what is coming up.  There is so much in store - and because I am working on all of THAT - keeping the social media game up to date....well, that is what suffers.  So, today, I have a pretty for you - and then starting next week - the plan is for some of that "ahead of the game" to start kicking in!

October starts the new Stampin' Up! Business year.  So to some of us that means checking numbers, reports and wrapping up some year end things.  It also means that October begins with some FUN specials!!

October 2nd I host my demonstrator team for the second half of our 10 card stamp night - we got together earlier this month for the kick off of the Holiday catalog, but that night featured 10 fall themed projects.  Next week we will do some fun Christmas stamping.  If you live in the central Indiana area and would be interested in joining us, let us know.  October is the PERFECT time to join (since we kick off the brand new year!)  Later next week (Friday) - is October camp.  There is an afternoon and an evening session.  6 projects, some fall, some Christmas AND some that will focus on TWO of the specials that will be taking place from SU - free paper and discounted stamp sets!  Then that Saturday I will be joining my daughter at a craft fair at the high school where she teaches.


All of it will provide ample opportunity for stuff to show off here and things to inspire you to create on your own time!

If you would like to join us at camp, my demonstrator events (always free for my girls!) or later in the month at my Christmas extravaganza - make sure to join my email list for all the details (sign up link is on the side of this space).

Today I have a card that we will make at the demonstrator event and then it will make an appearance later again in November or December at camp.

I have had a lot of 'favorite' techniques over my 25 years of stamping - but watercoloring with the Wink of Stella and the ink refills - it may always hold that number one spot.  Add to it the shimmer cardstock and the entire look is just gorgeous.  It is hard to capture on camera, so I have a second little video that I reshot when the sun came out.



I started to film and it was sunny, I no sooner turned on the camera and the sun must have gone behind a cloud.  Using artificial light causes the shadows, so it makes it less than ideal.

I do get asked often if it ruins the Stella - not at all.  Simply wipe the tips off and they are completely clean.  One of my most popular cards both at class and on Pinterest this fall has been the wine card.  We made it at 4 different classes.  It was colored in with Stella and cherry ink.  The Stella tips are still all the way white even after being used by dozens of ladies to make the cards!  

My office is mostly white woods - so that was the inspiration for this card.  I think the stamp set was designed to be a two step kind of fast stamp set......with the coloring and the fussy cutting.....my card would be one that you send to someone more special.  But it is lovely.  I have a wire string frame in my office where I hang favorite cards, this one will be there come December.

One last GREAT special to close out the Stampin' Up! business year.  Order $70 or more from my webstore, email me that you did with the subject line STELLA and I will send you a FREE Stella as a thank you!  Offer expires Sept 30 10pm EST.  $70 product





Product List



No comments: