Oct 12, 2017

Christmas in the Making - with Blends and Embossing Paste

Today's card has a LOT going on!  The video is a little longer than I like them to be - just over 7 minutes - I even cut out the fussy cutting - I did that ahead.  If you order the Christmas in the Making stamp set from me - or place any order over $65 on my website during October I will send you an in depth PDF with additional tips on this card and the different techniques used on it.

 We did this card at my demonstrator stamp night last week.  We made 10 different Christmas projects.  It was before had time to have the Blends delivered to us, so the card we made that night was done with the watercolor pencils.  In the pictures and in the video you can see the comparison between the two.  The pencils and the Blends both have Coral and Bermuda - so the overall clothes on the gals look pretty similar.  However the Blends win hands when it comes to the flesh tones!

 I colored my ladies using my mom and my niece as my "models" - and one of our cats.  It helps when coloring in people to have a goal in mind before you start.  The Blends have a limited colors at this point so you will need to be creative when layering your colors to come up with enough variety - but as you use your blends remember to let layers dry and layer more color for depth and darker looks.
All of my work with the Blends so far has been done on regular weight Whisper White.  Blends do soak through Cardstock, so they will need to be layered and it is a good idea to always work with scrap paper under you so you don't ruin your table surface.

And another focal point of this card is the lovely Coral tree - the video shows how I did it - and again, the PDF will give step by step instruction.

The tree dries firm, so no need to worry about it not handling being mailed!


 Remember I have some specials running this October - 

I have a Fabulous Wooden Storage Unit for the Blends. Would you like one for FREE?  Here is how you can get one for yourself:

1) Sign up to become a demonstrator on my team!  You will need to sign up between now and Oct 15th to get the Blends in your starter kit.   Once you have your kit,  I will help you get on your way to starting a fun part time business.  If you hit your first $2000 in sales by the end of January 2018 - then I will have your wooden Blend holder sent to you!

2) Blends Loyalty Program  Purchase the Blends - or anything you want - and once your orders hit $1000 by the end of January 2018 - then I will have your wooden Blend holder sent to you!  Good news for you.....the orders can be part of a workshop that you a hostess for - so in home, online, virtual - or even just collect orders from friends - or have your husband or family submit orders for you for Christmas gifts.  As long as your name is the Customer name on the order, they will tally for your total.

orders and starters kits need to be placed on my website
www.cheri.stampinup.net
shop now or join now
comment below if you have ANY questions!



Product List


No comments: