Jan 22, 2018

Handmade Valentine Trendy Retro Decor - with Stampin' Up! Sure Do Love You


Do you decorate your house for Valentine's?  I do - I love the month of February - it's really the only time of the year where you can mix any and every shade of pink, red, peach, orange and purple and not worry at all should it match!  In fact, the less it match the more February it feels!


You may remember the little Christmas decoration on a string project we made at my December Camp last month.  It had a little deer, tree, snow covered pine branch - all glittery and snow covered.  I knew I was going to miss it when I took it down from the spot on my metallic map board (just above).  So I decided to make another for February to replace it with!

I do think it is the doilies that give it the retro feel.  Those of us of a certain vintage age will certainly remember folding construction paper over in school and attaching some yarn and doilies making cards to bring home to our parents!

If you look at my recipe list below it is much shorter than what is actually used on the string....because literally throw caution to the wind and pull out anything you have been hoarding that is in the Pink/Red/Purple/Peach family and lay it out on your table.

Although I HIGHLY recommend the new Sure Do Love You bundle (which happens to be part of my Project At Home this week, do NOT miss that!), the Red Glimmer Paper and the Bloomin' Heart.

I know some stampers get frustrated with their more intricate dies.  PLEASE don't!  You just need to learn how to use them with your machine.  I have gone to only using my multi purpose platform.  You need the 'new' one (it came out a couple of years ago - the pieces are not attached).  Watch the video to see how easy it should be to use your intricate dies.

The little white clothespins are adorable and would be perfect to string your whole piece together if you choose.  (I was going for eclectic - but, hey, NONE of the knobs in my kitchen match either, that is my style!) You can find the clothespins as part of the new MUST HAVE Sweet Soiree Embellishment Kit

Not only will you fall in LOVE with your little Valentine Project...you will be at the same time cleaning out your stamp room!  Use up all those scraps of ribbon.  Use up all your spare gems and pearls.  Use up all your "I couldn't throw that piece away" of metallic and glimmer papers.  And you will end up with a work of art!

Now....I need to go TAKE DOWN my little Christmas string that is still hanging in my bathroom.  You know that one last Christmas decoration that you forgot...and weeks later it's still there. This year mine is that!



Product List

No comments: