May 18, 2018

New Big Shot Embossing Mat, New Ink Pads and New Stampin' Colors!

Today's video is a little mix up of a whole lot of everything!  It's a card that we will be doing at camp this weekend - and it's May Camp - so we are bidding farewell to a fun little stamp and die set!
The stamp set is Cool Treats and the dies are Frozen Treats - and both will be gone at the end of the month...the dies are on clearance and while supplies last.  If you fall in love with them after watching the video - snatch them up now - they are almost $7 off!!  I have the shopping list at the bottom.

Here is the video - for a better viewing experience - go to my YouTube channel to watch it.  This video I have not sped up as quickly as I usually do, so it a bit longer.  But this video shows the new Embossing Mat (love them!) and also new colors and a way that I think might help you as you begin to use them in adjusting to the transition from the current pads.  More on the other side of the video!




Above you will see the card - and the BEAUTIFUL new colors (makes me so want to hop over to Italy for a gelato!) On this card I made it without the embossing mat - you can see some comparisons below of the cones with and without using the Mat.
First - with the Ink Pads - I know if you follow my blog and get my emails you know I have some fairly significant skin issues - especially on my left hand fingers.  At the moment my left thumb is pretty severely injured.  Last Friday - it was dripping blood....nice, eh.  The skin just peels off.  SO - opening the new pads I was afraid may be an issue for me - but you can see in the video I do it ok.  If I can do - you can to!  Just flip them open like a compact.  I have not added all of my stickers, I am keeping some off so I can do it while my stampers are here so I can show them.  

The pads I used on this card were only ever opened once for the stickers and then again to make the first card.  Each time you open them, they do get a bit easier.  They do slide back, just as our current pads do - but when you know you are going to just stamp one color, there is no need.  NOW here is my big tip.  I have found that the biggest 'problem' with the pads....is me, lol.   A zillion years of using the current pads and we just have a habit of closing them the way we always do.  BUT if you have the new ones flipped upside down when you close them, you literally JUST CLOSE THEM.  You can see what I mean when you watch the video.  As I transition to all this style of pad and get used to them, I will get used to JUST closing them and not pushing them back.  Try it!  You will be amazed on how simply they close!

Some of the other fun elements on this card - the washi tape - will be retiring.  The basket embossing folder was a Sale-a-bration item, but it makes a return in June in the new catalog.  And do you not LOVE the Granny Apple Green cardstock?  Such a bright and cheery color.
The Embossing Mat is a new item making a debut in the catalog as well.  I have used it on a few projects now - this is the first I have had a chance to get up.  The mats work in a couple of different ways depending on the die that you have.  These dies are cut and emboss - so it uses the thin blue mat that comes in the set.
This is the sandwich that I used - and you will have seen it in action in the video.
Here are the cones - left side use the Embossing Mat - right side just run through the normal pass through the Big Shot.  These are small dies.  With the larger and much more intricate dies of course you get a much more Wow factor.

I have a couple of more camp project videos that will post.... then that will be it for the 2017/2018 Catalog!  It's a busy weekend with Camps and 2 team shoebox swaps!  Looking forward to it!
I have catalogs ready to mail out - if I can get to the Post Office in the morning they will go then!  THAT MEANS....if you haven't placed an order yet and get one in (over $35) you will get a catalog mailed out to you as well when I go!!

Place an order and use this code A2N7NKY2 at check out

 All orders over $35 will get fun grab bags of things full of items that appeared in the current Annual, Occasions and this year's Holiday catalogs!



Product List

No comments: