May 9, 2018

Sea of Texture Sneak Peek a Bundle for Summer Cardmaking or Capturing Special Memories

I had SO much fun making today's card.  It is another from my April team meeting.  The stamp set at first didn't really "do" much for me - but I think the Octopus kind of overwhelms you at first glance.  I left him off of this card and have now started to see some other gals doing some really cool things with it....so now he is not quite so scary.  This midwest girl - I see an Octopus and I just think really rubbery nasty "ish" that 20something Aussie guys would try to get me to eat at the Chip Shops back in the day.  No thanks....lol.

The stamp set is called Sea of Texture - but the fun REALLY starts when you throw in the dies.  Let's just say Stampin' Up! is really starting to knock it out of the park with the dies - each catalog has more and more dies that just don't cut - and wait til you see ALL that this new Annual Catalog has to offer!  The Under the Sea Framelits - well watch the video and take a look!




Did you LOVE those dies?  The sand dollar/starfish?  The NET???!  The school of fish?  How much fun will those little guys be in a shaker card?  Is your mind "reeling?"   Sorry, lol.
       

I also love this set because with every ink of every stamp I am reminded of my adorable niece who now lives on the east coast.  In fact THIS is her pointing to her "office"
Told you she is adorbs!

My daughter, my sister (her mom) and I took a fabulous girl trip last summer out to visit her.  She works in the ocean nearly every day.  Testing the waterways - making sure it's kept safe and clean for oysters to grow, etc.  It was such a GREAT trip.  
If you are like me and have stacks of vacation and ocean pictures - this set will be perfect as you scrapbook and add memory panels to your books.

Lucky for us - Stampin' Up! has a FLAMINGO stamp!  I already have it, but if you don't - don't worry, it isn't going anywhere...it made it to the next catalog.  Breathe a sigh of relief.
We always spot the Aussie "anything" everywhere we go.... this could be the perfect spot to add the new Roo/Koala combo from the upcoming Animal Outing set!
Just like they were little they got matching shirts - melts your heart!

Sometimes when you are memory keeping - you can also think outside the box...I could use the little Elephant stamp here....This was a fun day - if you have seen Flea Market Flip on tv.  We were at the Elephant's Trunk flea market!

This summer why not join me in taking some long evenings and setting out some stacks of pictures to set aside to scrapbook?  Memory keeping does NOT have to be linear.  Pull out just a bunch of similar themed pictures.  Maybe you have a lot of  lake vacations - oceans - even ski trips.  Maybe times cousins got together.  Stick them in an easy to get to place with just a few supplies.  Having them DONE is so much more important than having them done in any kind of order!  I will be doing some posts showing you some of the products we offer to make it easy and simple!  So check back soon!
I took the time to do that - since this card is a sneak peek and you can't yet get purchase the products...but are you not chomping at the bit?  And - I know I mention it often - but don't forget the inside!

If you are coming to June camp - you will be making this card!!
The front is shimmery - it is stamped on Shimmery White cardstock, it is perfect for the overall illusion of the ocean feel.

The taller sea plants are cut out of soft sea foam cardstock.  I can tell it will soon be a favorite color!

The twine is a new Night of Navy - and I went back to an old technique we used to do a lot - scuffing the edges of the cardstock.  I liked the weathered look with the netting.

I have a customer end of year special going on - but you need to be an email subscriber to take advantage.  If you are not - subscribe today!!

Place an order and use this code A2N7NKY2 at check out

 All orders over $35 will get fun grab bags of things full of items that appeared in the current Annual, Occasions and this year's Holiday catalogs!
And - if you order BEFORE May 14 you will also get a copy of the new 2018/2019 Catalog when your grab bag ships with your Thank You card!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is ADORABLE!!! I have such an amazing, talented and sweet aunt!!! ❤

Unknown said...

Thanks Kasey!